Friday, October 28, 2011

Open letter to a boy

Dear whoever-you-are,

I knew it was you I saw on the way to my music class. I'd been wondering if I'd get a darshan of you today. It was one of the thingsI was thinking about as I was cycling to the gate, with 'Enter Sandman' playing in the background in my mind.

You gave me a shock when you came into my view, and for a moment I was tempted to stop and smell the roses... I mean, stop and take a second look, well, you get my drift... But I was too much under the influence of Metallica's beats to bring myself to stop. I must confess that on nearing the gate I did wonder if I should have stopped and had some tea. But I consoled myself and crossed the road to reach the bus-stop. I looked at the time, and decided that I'd wait for ten more minutes, as the thought crossed my mind that you'd also be coming there for a cup of chai. I'd just about given up on you, when you came. It was the first time that I saw you with a backpack instead of your usual red bag. And just as I'd guessed, you got yourself some chai and sat down there. I thought of having some tea myself, but decided not to, so I boarded the next bus. And turned to look out of the window, past the man sitting next to it, to get yet another glimpse of you.

Well, I don't know who you are. I don't know your name, or what you're doing. But I do know that we have quite a few mutual friends. My best friend knows about you. In fact, you've been given the English version of Torres' nickname ;)

Last week, during a crazy chat with my best friend, she told me that everyone loves me. Including you. I wanted to confirm it with you the next day. But though I saw you then, I didn't think it would give you the joy of your life to have someone you don't even know come and ask you, "My best friend says you love me. Is it true?" Not exactly the best way to create a good impression, or the best way to start a conversation. It might have put you in a bit of a spot, as they say, what with noblesse oblige and all that; as PGW might say. Anyway, if you've read an M&B(one or a few, it doesn't matter, as most things are maintained constant), then you'd probably have experienced 'an electric chill up your spine', or been 'intensely aware' of me :P

"And now it's time to go..."

Maybe I'll see you again tomorrow, or maybe not. Maybe we'll get introduced someday. Again, maybe not. Well, it doesn't matter so much...

"I got a feeling so strong,
Maybe someday,
our roads will cross"...


Until then,

You-know-who.
(and if you don't, then so be it :P 'It just don't matter now')

(Special note for M. : this is a letter to a boy. Not A-boy. Or A-Boy (though you call him A-something-else. Those are more private communications, you know ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment